Thank you for considering booking a program with Yamnuska Mountain Adventures! We look forward to experiencing the mountains with you.
Please read the following information to ensure that you fully understand how payments are made, our booking conditions, our cancellation policy, our mountain weather and conditions policy and our release of liability waiver. Once informed, we would be happy to accept your booking, either by calling our office or by booking on-line.
Prices are in Canadian Dollars. US dollar and other currency exchange rates fluctuate constantly. Use the Exchange Calculator to calculate how much our programs cost in your currency.
All prices are subject to change.
Listed prices do not include tax. An additional 5% Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST) will be added to the program total. We will apply the appropriate tax rate when you book. There is no provincial sales tax in Alberta.
Methods of Payment
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Money Orders and Electronic Fund Transfers. Credit card payments are the easiest to process. If paying substantial amounts from overseas you may get a better exchange rate by sending us a bank draft or making an Electronic Fund Transfer in your own currency. We can supply our bank details on request.
- For weekend programs full payment must accompany booking.
- For longer programs deposit is 35% of program price.
- The balance of payment is due 8 weeks before the program start.
- Full payment must accompany bookings made less than 8 weeks before the program start.
- Different conditions apply to Semester Programs and Expeditions.
- There is a degree of hazard in all mountain activities. All participants must sign the Yamnuska waiver of liability prior to commencing any Yamnuska Mountain Adventures program. Read the sample waiver. Please feel free to review our detailed approach to safety and risk management here.
- Yamnuska Mountain Adventures reserves the right to change or cancel any itinerary or service at any time due to insufficient enrolment, bad weather conditions or other reasons without penalty to Yamnuska Mountain Adventures. We do our best to keep guests informed of any changes.
- The participation of any person on any program is continually subject to the discretion of the program leader and Yamnuska Mountain Adventures.
- Yamnuska Mountain Adventures accepts no responsibility for the actions of persons and/or companies supplying goods and/or services as part of these packages or for any extra costs that may arise from the complication or prolongation of any program for any reason.
- Your physician should clear any health problems that may affect your participation in any program. It is imperative you disclose any medical condition that could put you, your guide or others safety at risk.
- In the unlikely event of an emergency, participants may, depending upon program location, be liable for any rescue or evacuation costs incurred either on their behalf or as a result of their actions.
COVID-19 Revised Cancellation and Refund Policies – April 5, 2021
While we are preparing and modifying our programs to best accommodate this time of uncertainty due to COVID-19, we realize that it is also difficult for you to predict your personal situation a month or two out. With this in mind, we are modifying our booking policies to allow you more flexibility and time to make changes or cancel your booking during these unprecedented times.
Point 3 in our Cancellation and Refund Policies will be modified to the following:
- “If cancelling your program up to 30 days 8 weeks before the program start you will receive a full refund with the following exceptions: $100 plus tax will be withheld for public and private program cancellations.”
Point 4 in our Cancellation and Refund Policies will be modified to the following:
- “Between 30 and 14 days 8 and 6 weeks before the program start, the deposit is forfeited.”
Point 5 in our Cancellation and Refund Policies will be modified to the following:
- “Cancellation less than 14 days 6 weeks before the program start and during the program results in loss of the entire amount paid.”
These modifications will apply to public and private programs that are scheduled to run from now until October 31, 2021 (with the exception of semester programs). Any program with a start date after November 1, 2021, will be subject to our standard booking policy.
Jesse de Montigny – Managing Director
Cancellation and Refund Policies
In the event that Yamnuska Mountain Adventures cancels a program, your full payment will immediately be refunded. Should you need to cancel from a program and if you have purchased cancellation insurance from the Simpson Group, please refer to the terms of that policy.
If you opt not to purchase the cancellation insurance, the following terms will apply:
- You have 24 hours from when you make your booking to change or cancel with no charge to you (provided your booking does not depart within 15 days).
- For full-day and half-day Learn to Rock Climb and Learn to Ice Climb departures, there is no penalty for cancellation provided we receive your written notice (firstname.lastname@example.org) 48 hours before your scheduled departure.
- If cancelling your program up to 8 weeks before the program start you will receive a full refund with the following exceptions: $100 plus tax will be withheld for public and private program cancellations.
- Between 8 and 6 weeks before the program start, the deposit is forfeited.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks before the program start and during the program results in loss of the entire amount paid.
- We will gladly accept a substitute guest should you not be able to attend provided they meet the prerequisites for the program.
- For all programs that have an accommodation component to the booking, additional cancellation fees may apply based on the specific accommodation provider’s policies.
- Cancellations must be received in writing (letter, fax or email). Cancellations are only effective once your notification is received by Yamnuska Mountain Adventures.
- International trips, Expeditions, Mountain Skills Semester and Esplanade Track have program-specific cancellation policies due to the complicated nature of these departures. Please review the specific policy on the program web page.
Cancellations must be received in writing (letter, fax or email email@example.com). Cancellations are only effective once your notification is received by Yamnuska Mountain Adventures.
We ask that you thoroughly understand and consider the booking and cancellation policy prior to booking as we make financial commitments to our guides (and food and accommodation providers for longer trips) once you have booked and we have confirmed a trip. We take your booking in good faith and begin incurring costs upon confirmation.
The Simpson Group offers a wide range of travel insurance options including Trip Cancellation/Interruption, Travel Medical, and Personal Effect Loss for both Canadian and International Travelers. Other providers offer similar services and we encourage you to select an appropriate level of coverage. We highly recommend purchasing this insurance to cover and protect you against unforeseen events. The two basic types of insurance that most travellers need to consider are Medical and Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance.
Emergency Medical Expenses Insurance:
It is wise to ensure that your health plan will cover you in case of illness or accident during your trip. Obtain extra coverage if necessary. There is typically no charge for rescue in the National and Provincial Parks, however, costs such as air or ground transportation, long-term care, and other services are not covered.
Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance:
We recognize that our guests’ schedules may change for many reasons; business, family, flight delays, injuries and other unplanned events. For these eventualities, Trip Cancellation/Interruption insurance is a great way to protect your investment. We can assure you that events do happen that prevent guests from participating in trips or courses and trip cancellation or interruption insurance is a relatively easy way to manage your level of risk to unforeseen events.
For all your travel insurance requirements we recommend the Simpson Group. For more information and to purchase a plan, visit the Simpson Group’s website.
Weather and Mountain Conditions Policy
Mountain weather is unpredictable in all seasons and is a constant factor that shapes the decisions we make before and during our programs. It would not be practical for us to refund every situation where our guests do not get the weather conditions they hope for so we make every effort to develop alternative plans. If you have a single objective in mind (such as a peak or route) we cannot guarantee that the conditions or weather will allow an attempt of that objective. We will work diligently to give you the best experience with the conditions we face at the time.
Make a Booking
Most programs can be booked online. Programs that can be booked online have a direct booking link on the program’s specific webpage that takes you to the booking information for that program.
Private guiding, rock and ice climbing daily lessons can be requested online. Please fill out this Private Program Request Form and we will provide you with a quote for your trip.
You can also book by phone. Call Yamnuska Mountain Adventures at 1 866 678 4164 (North America only) or +1 403 678 4164 (overseas) and book directly using MasterCard or Visa to pay.
To fax us a booking download & complete our General Program Application Form (pdf) and send with Credit Card information, money order, or bank draft to Yamnuska Mountain Adventures, Suite 200, 50 Lincoln Park, Canmore, Alberta, T1W 3E9, CANADA. Or fax to 403 678-4450.
Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions
For gift certificates purchased the following terms and conditions apply:
- No expiry date
- This certificate is valid only with Yamnuska Mountain Adventures/Canadian Rockies Hiking by Yamnuska
- The certificate is transferable but not refundable or redeemable for cash
- No replacement for lost or stolen gift certificates
- Any balance remaining is not exchangeable for cash. It will be held as a credit for future use.
- Any additional cost exceeding the value of this voucher will be paid by the redeemer.
Disclaimer: for donated gift certificates please see specific conditions noted on the individual gift certificate.