Summer is here and COVID-19 cases have thankfully decreased dramatically over the past few months. We have been diligent throughout the Pandemic, and this has paid off from both a safety and program success perspective. We appreciate all our guests’ continued trust in us as we move into Stage 3 of Alberta’s Open for Summer Plan. We recognize that COVID-19 is not fully behind us but are optimistic that we have successfully created and implemented protocols and procedures as directed by Provincial and Federal Health Authorities that can evolve with the evolving situation.
As restrictions lift, we are aware that our staff and guests may have differing risk tolerances, vaccination statuses, or pre-conditions that impact their decision-making. Starting July 15th, we will have the following in place:
- While we will not be requiring masks on programs, we will be taking your lead on their use. If you are more comfortable with the use of masks while we travel together, we will respect that and will use them as well.
- All guides will continue to complete a Daily Health Fit for Work Declaration at the start of each day.
- Guests are encouraged to bring a mask and hand sanitizer to all programs.
- Carpooling will be permitted, and we will be offering transportation services as in the past. When carpooling or Yamnuska transportation is used masks must be worn as per Alberta Regulations.
- First aid protocols have been updated and require additional PPE to help mitigate transmission.
- Communal dorm-style huts, hostels, and lodges will be used where guests request their use. Overnight tenting will continue to be in separate tents unless the guests are in a family pod or cohort or feel comfortable sharing with other guests.
- Where food is provided on programs it will be packed out with our pre-pandemic high standards by our professional kitchen team.
- Additional office cleaning continues to be in place.
- Current booking policies will remain unchanged with the exception that we will extend the current “Cancellation and Refund Policies” until October 31, 2021, to allow more flexibility to our guests.
We are looking forward to having you join us! Please contact us at any time should you have any questions at (403) 678-4164.
Jesse de Montigny