On May 19th, we began running our first programs. First aid, navigation, and rock courses have all run, with modified policies and protocols to help manage the current COVID-19 situation. As usual, our guests have reported great programs and learning as we all adapt to masks, physical distancing and the newly implemented policies and procedures. We continue to update our policies as directed by Provincial and Federal Health Authorities.
Here are some of the steps that we have taken to help us all minimize the risk of COVID-19:
- All Guides are completing a Daily Health Fit for Work Declaration at the start of each day.
- All guests are required to complete a Declaration of Health at the start of the program, and for any additional program days must verify that there have been no changes to their health.
- Guests are required to bring a mask and hand sanitizer to all programs.
- Protocols are in place for physically distancing, and when that is not possible, masks and eye protection (sunglasses will suffice) must be worn.
- Transportation for Stage 1 is in separate vehicles. In Stage 2 we recommend travelling in different vehicles when possible or with masks on when not possible.
- First aid protocols have been updated and require additional PPE to help mitigate transmission.
- Communal dorm-style huts or lodges will not be used for Stage 1 or 2 of the Alberta relaunch. Overnight accommodation will be in separate tents unless the guests are in a family pod or cohort.
- Foodservice protocols will change with guests carrying and preparing personal snacks and lunches for themselves. Only Guides will handle food for breakfasts and dinners. Guides will prepare meals and serve guests. There will be no buffet-style meals.
- Equipment is being disinfected by the gear room before being issued.
- Equipment is being issued individually to guests and will be kept by each guest until the end of the program.
- New protocols are in place to manage gear handling and sanitizing common touchpoints.
- Additional office protocols and cleaning are in place.
The Alberta government has announced that the Province will enter Stage 2 of the relaunch strategy on Friday, June 12th. We are thankful to see the COVID-19 numbers decrease, and we hope that this trend continues as we move into the summer season. Interest, as well as bookings on our programs, has increased as guests become more comfortable with mountain travel. We are here to help you organize a program that fits your needs and goals this summer, whether it is a private or group booking.
We are looking forward to having you join us! Please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time at (403) 678-4164.
Jesse de Montigny