As the cases of COVID-19 continue to be elevated in Alberta the government has imposed further restrictions on social gatherings as well as businesses. These additional measures will be in effect for at least 4 weeks and may be extended or adjusted by health authorities should the situation continue to deteriorate.
What does this all mean for your scheduled course or a course you are looking to book? Read on for further details:
- Effective immediately, masks are mandatory in all indoor public spaces and workplaces. This means if you need to enter our office for a program start you must wear a mask. The Town of Canmore has had a mandatory mask requirement for businesses for some time, so this is currently already in place at Yamnuska. You will also be required to carry a mask in outdoor settings and wear it should you need to be closer than the 2m required for physical distancing.
- We are limited to 15 % of our fire code occupancy for guests in the building. Our programs are low ratio, and we will not exceed this. Additionally, we will be minimizing our time indoors and where practical, will move morning meetings from inside to outside.
- We have previously moved all classroom sessions to an online platform. We will continue to do this to minimize contact.
- Guests are required to drive in their own vehicles to trailheads. We have been encouraging this for some time.
- Outdoor sessions are limited to groups of no more than 10. Our programs operate between a 1 to 1 and 1 to 8 guide to guest ratio and will continue to operate in this manner with guests and guides encouraged to maintain 2m of distance or wear a mask. Hand sanitizer should be used after using multiple person touchpoints.
- We do not have any overnight trips for the next 4 weeks and will be continuing to assess the viability of these types of programs closer to the date. Our assessment and decisions will be based on Provincial and Federal Health Authorities’ requirements.
We recognize that we are in challenging and constantly changing times and feel we are adapting to the industry’s best practices and current health measures. As such, currently, we will continue to operate our programs with the measures outlined here as well as our previous measures that have been in use which can be read here and here.
As always, we can be reached by phone or email should you have any questions.
Jesse de Montigny
[…] operated throughout the previous Step 1 restrictions with the policies and protocols outlined on December 9, 2020. We will, at this time, continue to operate within these same guidelines (apart from the overnight […]